Tara Youngblood is co-founder and Chief Scientific Advisor of sleepme, a company that creates award-winning technologies and apps that are changing the way the world sleeps. The revolutionary Chilipad® signature product has been used by Presidents, celebrities, and CEOs.
Tara’s mission as sleepme’s leader and the creative force behind the entire sleepme community, is to empower people all over the world to recover their sleep, energy, and life.
Tara is passionate about helping people get the coolest sleep ever with the use of technology and biohacking. A leading sleep authority, Tara has given a TEDx talk on the recipe for effective sleep. In addition, she has spoken for National Sleep Foundation, Charlotte Science Museum, Wellness conferences, and Health Optimization Summit.
Tara’s unique product ideas are revolutionizing the future of sleep health by making sleep easy, approachable, and drug-free:
- Chilipad Dock Pro sleep System with Chilipad Pro, 5x more cooling power than previous models is boosted by the new membrane's increased temperature-regulating surface area.
- Chilipad Cube Sleep System with Chilipad Cool Mesh™, the pioneering temperature-regulated mattress pad.
- Chilipad OOLER Sleep System with Chilipad Cool Mesh™, the upgraded, app-controlled temperature-regulated mattress pad.
- ChiliBLANKET, the world’s first hydro-capable weighted blanket.
Tara is the sleep coach for the Cincinnati Reds MLB professional baseball team, and she’s consulted with several veterans groups. Media outlets, including MSN, Fox News, CNET, Reader’s Digest, Healthline.com, and PopSugar, frequently seek out her expertise for insights and analysis on issues affecting sleep, health, and wellness topics.
Tara’s own exploration with sleep started when she lost a child and began her 10-year healing journey. Already a trained scientist with a B.S. in Science and Physics, Tara studied traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic practices, neuroscience, and psychology.
Among other things, she concluded that the link between sleep and mental health was essential. These insights form the basis of her work consulting with companies, keynote presentations, and technical innovations.
Tara founded and heads the Benjamin Youngblood foundation in honor of her son. The non-profit donates to various charities such as the YMCA in her community of Mooresville, North Carolina.
When she is not helping the world sleep better, Tara is busy raising four boys, one dog, and three cats. She kayaks on Lake Norman whenever she can and of course, gets a full night’s sleep.
- How a Sleep Recipe Changed My Life, Ted.com, February, 2020
- Reprogram Your Sleep: The Sleep Recipe That Works by Tara Youngblood, January 14, 2020
- Results of a pilot study of a cooling mattress pad to reduce vasomotor symptoms and improve sleep, PubMed.gov, August 1, 2022
Principia College (BSc) Major: Physics, Math Tara Youngblood is ChiliSleep’s co-founder and Chief Scientific Advisor. Tara is a trained scientist and physicist, published author, and accomplished speaker. She has also studied traditional Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic practices, neuroscience, and psychology.